Friday, December 5, 2008

One Week Old


Well Katelynn is only supposed to be 37 weeks along today, but since she wanted to debut early she's a week old instead. It is amazing how quickly time has gone by. We never expected being parents to be this enjoyable. It seems like I can never stop watching her. I'll walk up to her crib while she's sleeping just to stare at her. After breastfeeding, I'll just sit there and hold her. Watching Chris holding her is another feeling that's hard to describe. The love I feel for both of them can not be put into words. This is definitely an experience I will forever cherish.
So, anyway we celebrated her first week by giving her a sponge bath, and let me tell you she was not thrilled with this new experience! I think her favorite part was getting to wear new pj's. Here are some photos of her in her pj's - Chris was trying to sympathize with her. :)


We also had some "Tummy Time" today. She liked this more then the bath! It was the cutest thing in the whole world to watch her. We put her on her stomach to help encourage her to raise her head, but instead she inched all over the quilt. Her little legs were kicking like a bronco horse. She did manage to figure out how to roll herself over, and that was fun to watch.

We had our first appointment with the pediatrician yesterday. It was technically Katelynn's first trip out, and it had snowed all day and was about 20 degrees outside! We had her so bundled in her car seat - she looked very cute (unfortunately no photos of that trip). The doctor said she's doing very well. She is at 5lbs 3 ounces and gaining so that's good. Her bruising from being breech is starting to go away, and her jaundice is getting better. We go back in 2 weeks for her next checkup.

No comments:

Post a Comment