Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Denver Turns 2!

I received an e-mail from Mom saying, "I need pictures of my Grandkids." Looks like the last time I did a blog was before Christmas. I'll start off with Denver's birthday and then work my way back.

**** if you receive this blog by e-mail DO NOT reply to it, I don't get your messages and I haven't figured out how to fix that problem yet****

Well, it snowed for Denver's birthday this year; not a lot; probably about 2 inches.
We made 2 cakes for Denver. I made a giant number 2 (just made a big cake and then cut a number two out of it) and Chris and Katelynn made miniture car cakes (another sheet cake that we cut up and layered).
 taste testing...
 final touches...
 They turned out pretty great if I do say so myself! #2 cake was chocolate with peanut butter frosting and a crushed Oreo track. The two yellow cars were lemons (he, he) they were lemon cake with vanilla frosting colored yellow with a few drops of lemon extract.
 
Party time! Lots of people came to celebrate with us! Crystal and her little girl Makayla; my high school friend Patti and her kids - Lydia, Steph, and Brady; my friend Tabitha and her kids Evan (Denver's best friend) and Isabel; Aunt Barby and Uncle Travis; and Uncle Stew. We had a great time!
Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Denver, Happy Birthday to you!
 Time to blow out the candles. Denver was much more interested in the cars on the dirt track then the candle.
 Cutting the cakes...
 
 Presents!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
He was very happy with all his new presents.
 Our cats were a popular favorite too
 
 We put Uncle Travis and Aunt Barby to work setting up the train tracks they bought Denver.
 Crystal and Makayla
 
 Doing his birthday pullups.
 
 
 Too cute!
 
It was a great birthday party with friends and family...and they ate almost all the cake so I didn't have hardly any leftovers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment