On our trip to Mt Rushmore (yes back in September...I am so far behind!), we went to the Jewel Cave which is the second longest cave in the World! It was a lot of fun. Really cold and wet, but overall pretty neat. I was glad I had hiking shoes because a lot of the ladder wells (just can't get those sailor terms out of my system) were slippery.
We had to get on elevators to take us down to the start of the tour. We wanted to do a tour by lantern but Katelynn was too young.
This is Katelynn and me just hanging out waiting to get on the elevators that go down...
Katelynn and me in the cave.
Chris and Katelynn
We kept going down...
and down...
then we went up...
only to go back down...
and down...
Since I was holding Katelynn for most of the cave tour Chris had the camera. This is why you should never let Chris have a camera! I won't even post or go into all the butt shots on my camera!!
And finally at the lowest point of the tour - 384 feet below the surface.
No comments:
Post a Comment